Welcome and thank you for stopping by for the Coffee Lovers Spring Blog Hop!!!
Create a Smile is another SUPER sponsor for this hop, and it's so very exciting!! We will be giving away a 20€ Gift Card :)
General blog hop details:
• prizes: eligibility is based on link up. Newly created spring-y themed coffee, tea &/or cocoa project to be part of the random draw. (No back linking)
• Some blogs, as part of the hop will be giving away separate prizes, please make note of their own details regarding eligibility.
• Turn OFF Word Verification...PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!
• Super Sponsor prizes will be picked via random.org based on the hop inlinkz.
• FLASH Sponsor prizes will be picked via random.org based on the hop inlinkz.
• All Winners will be posted on the Coffee Loving Cardmakers blog on Sunday, March 8th.
Today, I (am sharing two super spring-y and fun coffee cards for this special occasion! I started making one card and it just did not turn out as expected - I felt it was too cluttered and busy, but I spend quite a while putting it together, so I will share anyway ;)
I thought that the little hedgehof from doctor's helpers, bringing a mug to someone would be a great image for the hop. For some spring-y feeling I wanted to add lots of flowers cause hedgehogs hide in flowerbeds - don't they? ;)
- Diecut the Oval and Stamp the Crokisses randomly
- Also stamp the same amount of crokisses onto colored cardstock, fuzzy cut them and ass some shading with your favorite coloring medium (I used Copics)
- Stamp and Color the hedgehog, fuzzy cut it and lay it onto your oval to get the placement for the hearts right
- stamp the hearts from Coffee First
- adhere everything with foam adhesive and all a die-cut sentiment
- Flowers add so much interest if you add some dimension to the petals.
- paper piece your images as add a little shading - super easy way to get a nicely shaded image.
- if you find yourself using an image with lots of open space - why not add some doodles?
Now for the second card - which is way cleaner - I like this one much better:
I really wanted to go clean with this card - so adding the flowers not around a mug as a background, but as the mugs pattern - why not?
- mask off the mug-pattern with washi tape, ink up your stamp, remove the washi and stamp your mug. (I totally stole that Idea from DT girl Kelly Latevola ;) )
- Mask off the edges around the mug and stamp flowers inside the mug.
- Colors your image
- Cut a beautifully shaped panel (I used my Scan N Cut) from white cardstock
- Stamp the sentiment with black ink and adhere everything to a light grey cardbase (This is MFT stone Grey) with foam adhesive
- add some matching enamel stickers for some detail (Drop-shaped enamels totally make sense near a mug!)
- removing pattern can be easy with some washitape. That way you can customize your images in no time :)
- using a small amount of bright colors on an otherwise pale card make it pop and draw the eye to your focal point.
There are prizes to be won!! Be sure to hop along for your chance to win! You can also link up a card for a chance to win!
We can't wait to see what you make!
Be sure to head over to the Coffee Lovers Blog to read all of the details!
Also: did our new release go live TODAY, check it out in our shop - we ship internationally for less than $5! :)