Hey stampers, Anni here!
I have a card for you that combines an oldie but goodie ("Jungle Fever") with something brand new ("Geburtstag Triple" and "mini Geburtstag" - both available in English, too).
I LOVE to pile up die cut sentiments. It is always a great effect! And I thought it would be cute if the cockatoo would be sitting on the die cut. The colors of the cockatoo gave me the idea for the color combo for the background.
- Add some ink blending to the right bottom right corner in yellow and green. Sprinkle with water!
- Die cut the sentiment from that panel. Keep all the small pieces.
- Die cut the same sentiment from black cardstock four or five times.
- Stamp, color and fuzzy cut the cockatoo!
- Assemble the card.
- Add some sequins and a stripe of patterned paper.
- With the black cardstock your die cut sentiment gets more "visible"!
- Some areas of black here and there on your card are a great contrast fro bright colors!
- On almost every card I use turqoise, teal, aqua or something like that! Challeng yourself to rech for other colors then you usually do! Get out of your comfort zone!
Have you already seen the acrylic blocks Christine has in store now? I think they are great. They have etched gridlines, rounded edges and have just the right thickness! I LOVE them!