Sunday, November 15, 2015

Welcome to our November Guest designer: Vanessa Amann

Hello lovelies!

I am here to introduce our November Guest Designer with you.
First of all a little sorry: I should have posted the anouncement of the Guest Designer, but totally missed that - my bad. I know some of you were waiting to find out who was picked and were disappointed i never posted about it.
I'm thinking of finding a little fairy who helps me keeping track of important announcements and posts. Because waiting.... just su***. I've been there and I hope you're not too mad about it. We'll soon have our next call - and we had some truly amazing entries to this November call! Please try again! :)

Now it's time to welcome this sweet and talented lady:


I first came across Vanessa's card when she entered them to our Guest designer calls and link-ups - see? It does make sense to connect, promote yourself, link up  your creations and share your art :) ). I was deeply impressed with her style and design skills, so I am really happy she's bringing some inspiration to you this month!
Welcome, Vanessa!

_______________






A few days ago I watched Frozen, again. I fell in love with Olaf and he gave me the inspiration for this card. I also watched the video from Julia Altermann. She did a video showing the technique for this card. 


If you want to know how I created the see trough window please watch the video
Instead of coloring the embossing paste for my snowflakes I just mixed the paste with Perfect Peals, just to give them some shimmer. To have a more realistic look I colored the background part with Distress Inks. Blue sky and white snowflakes- a really christmassy look. I then stamped my little snowmen on paper. The snowman with the hat I only inked up until the hat. Olaf doesn’t wear one,that´s why I did´t want the hat for the snowman. The rest of the head I drew in with an alcohol marker resisting pen. At least I fuzzy cut the images out and glue them on the card with foam pads. For a little more sparkle and shimmer I cut two stripes of glitter paper and glue them between the paper and the acetate. 




I hope you enjoyed my card as much as I did creating it. We will see us soon,

Vanessa 


____________________


What a super cute card, don't you think? I love that see through windows - the snowfalkes are just perfect! Thanks for the inspiration, Vanessa! <3





Cool Buddies - Create a Smile
Schöne Bescherung - Create a Smile
Wave of Snowflakes - Create a Smile



We'll release new products next week - stay tuned ;)

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card. I love Julia's blog and videos. So, I'm glad you showed this, because I haven't watched much from last year, and hadn't seen it. I really like how you added the background color to the inside of the card. It really makes the cute little snowmen stand out. ♥

    ReplyDelete