Samantha here with you again, and I'm sharing a super fun...totally whacky...and full disclosure here: it's poopy! ha!
Ok, let me start off by saying, it's one of the cutest little poop cards I've ever seen...but I haven't seen very many! Lol!
And also...I live with all boys (or Menn, as I like to call them!)...my little ones are 7 and 4...even my cat is a male! So, you can just imagine the talk that goes on in this house...it's usually why I try to make girly cards...it's my only form of escape! Lol!
But today...I embraced the sophmoric humor and let my poop card fly! I can't wait to show it to my boys! Forgive me!
To create this card, you'll need (shocker!) watercolors, paper and stamps!
- on your craft mat, or other slick surface, spritz a small amount of the Ken Oliver Color Bursts and douse in water
- when you're ready, all you have to do is plop you card down on top of the puddle of color and lift it back up!
- set it aside to air dry, and wipe up the excess color
- stamp and color the image (cough cough) with copics and fussy cut out
- using a light Distress Marker (I used Antique Linen) color over various areas of the large background stamp and stamp onto your background! LOOOOOOVE using my Distress Markers for stamping!
- pop up the image and stamp the sentiment!
I used the super adorable, and verstile Floating Chevron background stamp, along with the cute Bad Day stamp set!
When I create a watercolor background like this, I have lots of color left over on my mat, so I use card fronts that I have precut to continue to pick up color and make backgrounds! Once they're dry, I put them together with the rest of my 'ready to go' backgrounds, and it makes cardmaking fun and easy!
There's a ton of inspiration on the Create a Smile Instagram account! I always feel inspired after perusing the photos there!
Thanks again for spending some of your day with me!