Saturday, November 14, 2015

Happy Day!

Hey stampers, Anni here! Hope you have a wonderful weekend full of crafting time! Today I have a simple and colorful card for you.







I really really love the set Uplifting and haven't used it much. So I wanted to create something with this cute hot air balloon. Weather is grey at the moment over here in Berlin so I decided to use bold colors. Aaaaannnnddd: This set is on sale right now!!!! Go and get it!




  • Stamp the balloon, the banner and the sentiment with waterproof ink on watercolor paper. Color it with watercolors and fuzzy cut it.
  • Do some ink blending with Distress Inks for the background. Spritz some water on the panel and take the color away with a paper towel.
  • Die cut clouds from white cardstock and vellum.
  • Assemble the card. 

  • Be careful what paper you use for the ink blending if you want to add water. Some paper don't work well with water.
  • I used Inktense pencils for coloring the image. I hink they are easy to use. I added three shades of colors to the balloon: Yellow for the whole image, orange for the shading and red just on the edge. Then I use my water brush coming from the yellow going to the red.
  • Add some sequins for the sparkle!


Follow @createasmilestamps on Instagram! Chistine shared some cool spinner cards last week you don't want to miss!



      

2 comments: