Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Creating Dimension on Pattern Paper

Hello Crafters!

It's Kelly here and today I'm sharing a video on how I make pattern paper work for me.


If you are familiar with my projects it's no great secret that I don't use a ton of pattern paper. Usually, I'm happy to create my own patterns and shade them how I want. However, sometimes paper comes along that is so pretty I want to find a way to use it. These are the papers from the Snow Dance kit :) 

I often feel that pattern paper can make my card flat and I love the dimension created from coloring. I've made a video for you showing how I use Copic Markers to get some shading on my pattern paper pieces. (Say that three times fast ;)





If you don't have a lot of Copic Markers or can't afford a ton the gray markers are a great investment. You can shade almost anything with them! No copics? Use distress ink and a blending tool to get a similar look :)



Thanks so much for dropping by!




Snow Dance Kit 
Wrap It Up 

16 comments:

  1. another enjoyable card and video Kelly, thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the addition of the shading Kelly, looks greta! CUTE card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally stunning!!! I LOVE the fun presents with that adorable Santa!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUPER CUTE card - LOVE the design and inky dimension!!!
    THANK YOU for sharing your shading tips Kelly, this will help me use more PP's and add some AWESOMENESS to my cards too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the big stamp with the presents AND together with that cute Santa the card is just perfect!
    Your videos really do inspire!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea, thanks so much for sharing Kelly.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful shading ,loved the dimension on gift boxes !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous tutorial! Great shading work. Thanks for the video.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great video with wonderful tips, Kelly (thanks!). As usual, another gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very fun. And you are absolutely right, the shading makes a big differences. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this card! The shading is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a fantastic idea Kelly! You have given me a new perspective on how far you can take patterned paper. You have definitely achieved the depth you were looking for! Fabulous video and card! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete