Sunday, November 29, 2015

Best Winter Wishes

Hey everyone! It's almost December! This means, Christmas is getting closer and closer. So of course, I have to share a christmas card with and hopefully you'll have some ideas to make your own version. 





I love Christmas cards and all the cute christmas card images but sometimes, I like to make something that looks less traditional :)

Firstly, I started by stamping the big Winter sentiment on the paper. With this, I can die cut around the sentiment. I used the smallest oval from the die set. I made sure that I cut it off the page to create some interesting details and dimensions. 

I traced the cuts on the panel so that I know where I should colour. I just used some copic markers to do it. You can do it with any medium you like. 

To finish the card, I die cut some sentiments with gold paper and the best part for me is, I took apart the huge snowflake from the Snow Dance kit and stick them in the oval "windows". 




Create A Smile Dies - Tiny Words
Create A Smile Dies - Stacked Pierced Ovals
Create A Smile Stickers 
Create A Smile Stamps - Winter Fun



Follow Create A Smile on Facebook keep yourself updates on all the happenings and if you're an Instagram addict like I am, you can follow Create A Smile using this name : @createasmilestamps ! :)

Thanks for stopping by,


5 comments:

  1. I love that card! I don't have a die cutter so I can't do those snowflakes but I love them just the same. What I like about this card is yes, it can be a Christmas card but it can also be just a card you send to someone in the winter that you are thinking of. I've done that with some of my cards too. I have a Charlie Brown tree stamp, at least that's what it looks like, it isn't actually called that. I've used it as a tree with snowflakes on it, Easter Eggs or anything Easter, hearts for Valentine's Day, flowers for the spring and Santa's and Christmas things. Do you see where I am going with this? I may even do one with fall leaves! I love when things can be used for more then one thing and you did it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a unique and beautiful card. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cool card! I love the design, the colours, all of it!!

    ReplyDelete