Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Coloring With Prismacolor Colored Pencils

Hello there! Today's video shows how to create a card using Prismacolor colored pencils for many different techniques and applications. I am going to be using the Uplifter stamp set for today's project as well.
I wanted to create a simple card using that awesome little bird using only Prismacolor colored pencils. This is my first time using these pencils,so I really wanted to see some of the great techniques they do!

I started out by coloring the little bird with a very light pressure. I recommend building up layers of color for the best results. I used four or five different color shades for each area of the image. For the sentiment, I stamped "keep smiling" onto the banner.


To create a sky background, I used four different shades of blue and scribbled them on from light to dark. To create some texture in the sky I took an alcohol marker blending pen to pull up some of the color in little dots.


To finish the card I added some patterned paper and tied a bow with natural twine at the top. To add just a touch of dimension I also added some Glossy Accents to the bird's beak and portions of the background.

Enjoy the video!




8 comments:

  1. Great background and a fabulous sentiment. My compliments...
    Best, Synnöve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Simon!!! Compliments from me too! :)
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simon, you did a great job. Love your card. Watching you use the pencils makes me want to get out mine. Great job! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very impressive work, thanks for sharing Simon. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this video, super fun! I loved it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun card! Great video, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you did a great job Simon and I am so happy to have you join our video team a very warm welcome.

    ReplyDelete