Saturday, August 22, 2015

Wohoo it's your Birthday!

Hey stampers, Anni here!
Today I have a opossum birthday card for you!






Aaaaw, the last release was one of my favorites so far. The set Friends and Couples is so cute, I love love love the opossum. I thought of different ways to use it and I came up with the idea of putting more than two opossums on the card and add the banners on a diagonal.




I think the instructions for my card are always quite similar: Stamps, color and fuzzy cute the image. This time I added some ink blending to the background and then assembled the card.




  • Ink blending is an easy, fast and inexpensive way to create a subtle background. To give it some kind of frame I added some faux stitching.
  • For grey animals I often use warm grey tones. I like the look of it. 
  • The tiny sentiments are a bit difficult to stamp. I use Versafine and am very happy with the results.
  • For a little more interest I add some details with a gel pen (I use the Gelly Roll) to my image - a black one for the eyes and a white one for some dots here and there.





I can't wait to see what you will create with this cute set. Please don't forget to add the link to your projects in the sidebar.



2 comments:

  1. Ich mag die Karte, die ist so süß verspielt! Und dein Hintergrund ist toll geworden, was für eine Tinte hast du da verwendet? Faux stitching mach' ich momentan auch total gerne~ <3

    ReplyDelete