Sunday, August 30, 2015

A male card from Guest Designer Angel Johns

Hello everyone and happy sunday!

It's time for another post by our Guest Angel Johns which will (at least for now) her last post over here. Make sure to visit her blog and follow her - not only is she a great designer, but also a lovely person who's kind and uplifting all of the time - I am so happy to call her my friend now! (Yes, I keep chatting with her, sometimes grumbling about things going wrong and she's patient, listens and cheers me up. Such a gem!)
So, her blog My whole stampin' world is worth a visit!
Tell her I send you and leave her some love, please. Thanks!


This is what Angel has for you:

Happy Sunday! 

I am so honored and excited to be back on the Create A Smile blog again sharing another card. I always love the part before putting a card together of choosing what stamp set to use. Am I going to make a bright and cheerful card? Am I going to use watercolor? Am I going to use something old or new? Do I need to make a birthday card for someone? There's always at least 5 different things going on in my head at one time. It gets very crowded in there sometimes. Hee Hee!

For today's card, I chose to use an older stamp set called Whimsical Wheels. I picked it up a few months back but like a good bit of my stamps I hadn't used it yet. I wanted to make a cute card for my oldest son so a masculine card was what I had to think about creating. 

Here is what I came up with


I used a couple of patterned papers from the Feel Good paper pack to create the background. Next I stamped three of the race cars on to a piece of white Copic card stock and colored them in using three different colors of red Copic markers. 


I colored a wood veneer from the Word Bubbles collection using the same red Copics to give it some what of a ombre look. I stamped the sentiment from the Whimsical Wheels set on to a piece of black card stock using Versamark ink and heat embossed it using white embossing powder. 


I hope you've enjoyed the card I created today and were inspired to use an older set that you may have or have purchased and haven't used yet. No judgement here! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and hope you will leave me some love in the comments! 

I've enjoyed filling in and being a part of the blog for this month! Thanks for having me, Christine! 

Until next time, 

Angel 


______________________


Thank you, Angel, for being our Guest and inspiring us with your great cards! I don't think this was you last "work" over here ;)

Have a great sunday, everyone!









No comments:

Post a Comment