Saturday, July 25, 2015

Hey!




Hey stampers! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Today I have an easy and fast card for you.

 






The bird is my favorite image from the cute set Uplifting. So I decided to make it my focal point. Then I saw this color challenge over on Hand Stamped Sentiments and wanted to use it as my starting point. I will share some tipps and tricks on color challenges below.

 






  • Stamp, color and fuzzy cut the image. Add the sentiment to the banner as you like.
  • Die cut a frame. I adhered a few layers of the same die cut to achieve some dimension. I also added a piece of vellum to tone down the background behind the bird.
  • Mix the embossing paste with some ink to create a color that goes with your project.
  • Create the background with a stencil. I used the stencil called Clouds.
  • Assemble the card.



  



I wanted to say some words on color challenges. In my opinion color challenges - just as sketch challenges - are a good way to spark your inspiration. When I look for a color challenge I search for a challenge where I like the colors, of course. I don't like color combos with more than three colors. But I always choose a challenge which is really a challenge. For example in the color combo I chose I really really love the turquoise but I am not a big fan of pink and I don't like pale pink at all.  But I loved them all together - is that strange?
I use my favorite color most on the card and the color a I don't like very much the least. On this card I used turquoise for my focal point, the bird and in the background. There is just a little bit of pale pink on the feathers and the banner!
How do you use color challenges? Or other challenges? I would love to know!








We would LOVE to see what you do with all the other fabulous Create a Smile products! Please leave a link to your creations in the sidebar!






http://u.jimdo.com/www400/o/s9a3bf2844444b50a/img/i0b359c990d72164e/1434089361/orig/image.jpg   http://u.jimdo.com/www400/o/s9a3bf2844444b50a/img/i22297b6901e1e5aa/1415946824/orig/image.jpg  

4 comments: