Tuesday, June 16, 2015

It's A Boy!

Hello Crafters!

It's Kelly here and I'm sharing a simple Congratulations card today.


When I was going through my stamps to sit down and play I realized that throughout several sets there is a HUGE variety of vehicles. My son loves everything that  moves. Things that fly, or drive, or float. He loves them all!! I thought it would be super cute to use the "land, air, and sea" vehicles to create a card for some friends who just found out they're expecting number 2! 

I started by stamping my vehicles about a third of the way up a white panel. I had such a hard time choosing which ones to use they are all so adorable! I feel bad I had to leave out the sports car, construction digger, hot air balloon, submarine . . .you get the idea. There's lots! 

I colored the images with Copic markers. I stuck to primary colors not only because it suits a "boy" card but also because they look nice together. I kept all my grays in the same shades so the card would flow nicely. After I colored I added some simple details with my white gel pen just for interest. Lastly, I outlined all the images in a Copic multiliner so they would have a bold outline. Speaking of the multiliner, when I stamped my sentiment I really wanted to include the exclamation point but it was a smidge smaller than the word "Boy." It was really easy to extend it with my multiliner  and now you'd never know the difference :) I trimmed the images along the bottom edge of the panel and added black marker to edge for a finished look. 



I wanted a tone on tone look for the bottom piece so it was interesting but not distracting. I used the Skinny Chevron stencil and Salty Ocean distress ink. The lines are irregular but that's my fault. I was too lazy to get out the adhesive so I just held it with my hand. I think it gives it character no? ;) Everything was adhered to a white card base before I added some Glossy Accents to the windows. Hey, it's a boy card but I have to have some shine!! 

Don't be afraid to mix images from different sets. This is the best part of stamping, create something that YOU love! Any card no matter how simple can be jazzed up with a bold outline and some detail work. Last but not least don't be afraid to alter images to suit your needs. That's what a good black pen can do :) 

Thanks so much for joining me today!






Whimsical Wheels 

Underwater Love 

Uplifting

Skinny Chevron 



3 comments:

  1. Terrific card, Kelly. You are so creative! I thank you for the tips, they are so helpful. Adore the colors and the bold lines. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you chose land, air and sea as your theme...Really fabulous bold colors, awesome Copic coloring, and I love how you stenciled the bottom! As always, your details are amazing too, Kelly! LOVE this card!

    ReplyDelete