Sunday, May 24, 2015

One Layer Card - Washi Wonder

Hi all! The products shown in this post are mostly found in the Sending Sunshine Kit but for those who are waiting for it to be restocked, you can recreate this with products of your own or other similar type products in the Create A Smile Store :)

I have to be honest with you. I really wanted to play with Washi Tapes and I, personally, have not used many washi tapes on my cards and I pretty much had to think of the (my personal) box. I tried a few cards before picking which one to share. I'm still on the fence about this card but I still want to show you and I'm sure you can recreate this better than I did :D This made me want to do more projects including Washi Tape so I could be comfortable with these lovely products.




I wanted to go beyond my comfort zone and used Washi Tape in different ways than I, personally, knew how. 


I've to use kraft paper for this and took the cute jellyfish from the kit stamp set and stamped 3 of it together. I used my post-it as masking paper for this. 


I took all the Create A Smile Washi Tapes including the one from the kit to create colourful seaweeds. I didn't really care of the patterns on the washi tape doesn't scream 'sea life', I just wanted variation of texture and colours :) You can do this with any washi tape you have. 


This is how it looks after piling more and cutting off the excess. 


I could have coloured the jellyfish with copics but somehow I went with Distress Inks. This is just Neenah kraft paper but I went ahead with basic watercolouring using as little water as possible. 


I finished the card with a sentiment and the enamel dots from the kit (it is also sold separately in the store).  I know this isn't as flat as a one layer card should be but no additional cardstock is involved and everything is stuck directly to the cardbase, so in my books, it's a one layer hehe :) I hope you don't mind!



I will also link up some products that you can get separately in the store.

Create A Smile Washi Tapes
Create A Smile Enamel Stickers

   


I'm not sure what tips I could give you but I do want to encourage you to go out of your comfort zone because you'll never know what you could learn and even, love! :D 


Follow Create A Smile on Facebook keep yourself updates on all the happenings and if you're an Instagram addict like I am, you can follow Create A Smile using this name : @createasmilestamps ! :)

Thanks for stopping by,


Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment