At first my card for today again using colored pencils for coloring! I also used some of the fabulous stuff that is new in the shop! Beautiful patterned paper (Isn't it great that Christine has the same favorite colors like me? :) ), amazing washi tape and fabulous flair buttons! Aww, what an eye candy...!
And a closer photo of the new flair!
- Stamp, color and fuzzy cut the radios!
- Adhere them on a stripe of paper!
- Adhere patterned paper to your card base!
- Add the sentiment and the flair!
Two weeks ago I shared a tutorial on how to color with colored pencils. Thank you so much for your kind words you left here and on my blog. It was very appreciated!
Today I want to say a few things that were inspired by the questions, tips and tricks I got from you!
- Sonja from The Art of Stamping told me that it was better to use a blender pencil instead of a white pencil to blend the colors, for example this one from Prismacolor! I tried it before and didn't like it very much. But after talking to Sonja I gave it another chance and we are slowly becoming friends!
- I am very proud to tell you that Julia was inspired by my tutorial, too! She is doing the coloring a bit different, she is using Zest it! to blend the colors. On her blog Just one more card you can see a video about it!
- My dearest team mate Anja asked, if you can combine Copics and Polychromos. That works perfectly if you use at first the Copics and then the Polychromos! NEVER the other way round because the wax in the colored pencils can ruin the tips of the Copics. But you can use the Copics to lay down a wash of color and add shadows and details with the Polychromos.
- Fabulous Tanja from Stempelspielplatz asked, which kind of fine tip pen I use. In generell it is the same thing as with the Copics. The wax in the colored pencils is not good for the tip of your pen. So don't use expensive stuff. I bought the set from Prismacolor, the price is ok and I like the variety of width. You have to be careful when you use the pen on the colored areas because they take some toime to try - ask me how I know!
The guest designer call for March is coming up the next days so stay tuned!