Thursday, October 16, 2014

Block Embossing with Linda


Hello crafty friends!

It's Linda here, and I've made a really simple but FUN card, that I think would make a great option for mass-production!

As we're working with the amazing


this month, I wanted the embossing powder to kind of be the star of the show. Embossing powder often is pretty eye-catching, but I wanted it to really make up a big 'chunk' of the card's design.

Here's what I came up with, it's super simple, but effective:


The technique is SO simple, just press your versamark inkpad directly onto your cardstock, add the powder, then heat emboss!  Do you know of a fun, simple technique I could try? I love trying new things, so I'd love to hear from you!

You could easily do something with a stencil, using the embossing pad direct to paper as well, but I wanted a nice wobbly/uneven rectangle.

I coloured the snowman so his scarf and top-hat trim, would match the embossing powder, but not so closely as to get lost.
I'm trying to finalise my christmas card design this year, and to be honest? This little guy might be the one!

The cute little snowman from our newly released Cool Buddies is such a cutey--how about you? Do you have a favourite image? I'm a bit partial to the fox as well--he'll be showing up next week!


See you soon!









2 comments:

  1. I can see why you would be thinking of making this your card design form Christmas. Its brilliant, just love the look.

    ReplyDelete