Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Cloud Flowers and Bird Leaves

Hello Crafters!

By now you know I'm all about using things differently so today's card won't shock you :)




I started with some Bird chipboard pieces from Wycinanka. They looked like leaves to me so I decided to color them with my peacock feathers distress ink. The color went on super easy and really saturated the chipboard. I loved the color but they still looked a little plain so I doodled on them with black and white gel pens. Then I added glitter, of course. Everything is better with glitter!

Leaves need flowers no? Well they do in my world :)
I really wanted a flower arrangement so I started sorting through my sets and discovered the adorable little clouds in Penguin Party

Penguin Party
I thught there fluffy edges would make pretty ruffled flowers. Plus, three different sizes of clouds means three different sizes of flowers! I stamped and masked them repeatedly clockwise. Once I was done stamping I fussy cut them out and set to work with my distress ink. After they were all colored I added a bit of detail with a white gel pen before creating the centers with black enamel dots. 
The sentiment is from the same set. 

I love when you can use stamps in totally different ways!
Do you see other ways to use this set? yes? Make a little something and leave us your link. We'd love to come visit you!!
Thanks for visiting us today.

XoXo
Kelly

4 comments:

  1. This is so awesome! I love your creativity with thinking outside the given purpose of a stamp! So inspiring!
    <3 Emily L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute idea, the patterns work really well as abstract depictions too, it makes you want to look closer!

    ReplyDelete