Thursday, August 28, 2014

Jungle Fever CAS and not-so-CAS

Hi friends!

I have a couple of fun cards to share with you today.

I broke out my Jungle Fever stamp set, and set about copic colouring the frog and chameleon.

I went for a blended ombre effect on the chameleon.

 I diecut a piece of white cardstock out using the Hero Arts triangle background die, and then I filled the triangles back in, after I coloured them using the same colours as I used on the chameleon. I tried to be as random with placement as I could, to give an evenness to the card.

I ended the card by mounting that panel on blue cardstock and heat-embossing a sentiment onto a strip of cardstock that I copic coloured in a matching blue.

I added a googly eye to the chameleon too, coz, well, it's a googly eye and who doesn't love them?!

For my next card I wanted to stay super simple and clean
I stamped my sentiment using black versafine ink and green memento ink, to match the frog. I made sure he'd caught one of the flies too :)

I love how versatile these stamps are! You can do a heavily layered, mixed media type card, lots of colour and popping patterns on a card, OR a super simple clean white card. So great!


Here's a look at the stamp set I used



Be sure to pop back again soon, for even more inspiration!

Thanks for stopping by!

Linda

3 comments:

  1. Both cards are great. In this case I prefer the card with the frog. But maybe because of the black border around!? You know I'm addicted to a (black) border around cards. :-) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. really great idea the second card!

    ReplyDelete