Tuesday, August 26, 2014

It's All How You Frame It

Hello crafters! 

How are you doing today? Lovely I hope! 
Today's cards have been hanging out in the back of my mind for awhile. 
In fact as soon as I saw Your View for the first time I had plans for this one stamp. Oh yes, mhwahahaha, big plans. 


See that window there? That simple little rectangle. I love that rectangle. A little creepy? Meh, maybe. 
Let me show you why ;)

I knew what I wanted to do but I wasn't sure about my color combination so I consulted my "Fabulous Color Combos" board on Pinterest. This one really caught my eye!



Pretty Simple


I stamped my windows directly onto my card base without masking. I stamped them again a TON more on scrap white and trimmed out just the middles. I colored with distress inks then added glitter. The sentiment was created with fabulous letter stickers that the most generous Christine sent me. Isn't she all kinds of awesome?!

Middle of the Road


I've seen all these fun faux motion cards lately and I thought it would be cool to mimic them. More distress ink more glitter. 

Busy Bee


After I stamped all my windows I went back with a black pen and a ruler and added more lines in between each window to fill up the space. Letter stickers, distress ink, glitter. rinse repeat :)

Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you were inspired to create your own patterns with shapes and stamps you already own. You never know what they can turn out to be :)

XoXo
Kelly





4 comments:

  1. great ideas - love the new stamp sets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always blown away by your creativity, Kelly - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely wonderful...I love how creative these are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a great idea and a spectacular realization!

    ReplyDelete