Monday, August 25, 2014

Happy Birthday Anni, and some fun.....

Hi there, it's Anja here. But before we go over to the inspiration post of today I would first like to congratulate another teammember since it's her birthday today.

Happy Birthday , Anika , hope you have splendid day!!!!!!!

Now over to the card for today. It seems I use less designpapers nowadays, especially when I make CAS cards. How about you? I have lots and lots of very pretty designpapers but somehow they never seem to match my card.
For this card I wanted to use designpaper and to give it some extra interest I made a panel.
How do you use your designpapers on your cards?

I stamped the hummingbird from jungle fever on watercolorpaper and colored it. I stamped the feathers very light a bit offline to give the bird some movement. Stamped the stripes from jungle fever to get more movement.

I masked of the bird and did the sun with some distressinkt.

Made a banner out of black cardstock and white heat embossed the sentiment from jungle fever.

Did some drops with glossy accents to finish it off.

Now for the fun part,  I thought the bird could use something more so I gave it the glasses from the comfy set to protect it from the sun.




Hope you like the card and wish you a very nice week.
Thanks for watching.
Anja

 

3 comments:

  1. Great card and yes, I have lots of paper and it never matches either ! lol
    Corrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card and the sunglasses...perfect!
    Happy Belated to Anika!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The card is very simple and beautiful. My brother will be celebrating his 30th birthday at one of the event venues next weekend. I got him a gift and was about to buy a nice and fancy card for him. This changed my mind and now I’m thinking of making something similar for him.

    ReplyDelete