Monday, August 25, 2014

Happy Birthday Anni, and some fun.....

Hi there, it's Anja here. But before we go over to the inspiration post of today I would first like to congratulate another teammember since it's her birthday today.

Happy Birthday , Anika , hope you have splendid day!!!!!!!

Now over to the card for today. It seems I use less designpapers nowadays, especially when I make CAS cards. How about you? I have lots and lots of very pretty designpapers but somehow they never seem to match my card.
For this card I wanted to use designpaper and to give it some extra interest I made a panel.
How do you use your designpapers on your cards?

I stamped the hummingbird from jungle fever on watercolorpaper and colored it. I stamped the feathers very light a bit offline to give the bird some movement. Stamped the stripes from jungle fever to get more movement.

I masked of the bird and did the sun with some distressinkt.

Made a banner out of black cardstock and white heat embossed the sentiment from jungle fever.

Did some drops with glossy accents to finish it off.

Now for the fun part,  I thought the bird could use something more so I gave it the glasses from the comfy set to protect it from the sun.




Hope you like the card and wish you a very nice week.
Thanks for watching.
Anja

 

2 comments:

  1. Great card and yes, I have lots of paper and it never matches either ! lol
    Corrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card and the sunglasses...perfect!
    Happy Belated to Anika!

    ReplyDelete